Sunday, January 9, 2022

Uncontainable

Now there are also many other things that Jesus did. Were every one of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. John 21:25

Hi Friends!
As this new year begins, I want to focus on Jesus. Not the world, not Covid, not the craziness going on in my country, not my problems, but Jesus; He is my starting point and my ending point and everything in between. John is one of my favorite books of the Bible. When I first read it, I couldn't get enough! I remember that desire to just read more and more about Jesus. I want that feeling all the time. But over time, if I'm honest, I've lost some of that desire to know Jesus more, to read the Bible more and more.

The Bible gives us a glimpse of Jesus' life on earth. And that's really all it is, a glimpse, as John 21:25 points out. I absolutely love that verse. Like, it's one of my very most favorites. Because it tells us that Jesus is BIG. He is wonderfully incomprehensible. He cannot be contained or explained. He doesn't fit neatly into a little box. And I will spend the rest of my life learning more about Him and never know Him completely. Why? Because He's God. And our God is more than our human minds can understand. And that's okay! I wouldn't want a god that I completely understand. That would mean I was somewhat of an equal. I love that I will always be able to learn more about Jesus. I love the idea that if everything He had done while on earth had been written down, the world would be completely overwhelmed. 

Our Jesus is AMAZING. Human words don't justify how amazing He is. And that's pretty cool because not only is He big and amazing and God, but He is our Savior. Jesus, the Creator of everything, the Alpha and the Omega, the one true God, loves us SO much He was willing to leave the glory of heaven, become human, be abused by His creation, and hang on a cross. He certainly didn't have to do it. He could have stayed in the throne room in heaven, and we would have all died in our sin as we rightly should. It's hard to imagine why He loves us enough to give His life for us. He took our sins on Himself and paid the price for our sin so that we might be redeemed, and fellowship with the Father might be restored. All we have to do is confess and repent of our sins and accept Him as our Savior. Then we will have eternal life with Him.

I might not know my Savior, Jesus, completely. But I know He deserves all honor and glory and praise. I await the day when all of creation praises Him. "And every created thing which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all things in them, I heard saying, 'To Him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb, be blessing and honor and glory and dominion forever and ever.'" Revelation 5:13 And I suppose, the world itself won't be able to contain that worship either.

Page details: I used the fabulous new set Let's Get Cozy from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. (There's even a die set for it!)This set is so versatile with images that you can use alone, or together to make a scene. I love the little stack of books included in the set. And I thought that it would be perfect to illustrate this verse. I stamped the chair and table first. I then made a mask of each image by stamping the images on a sticky note and cutting around each image. I placed those masks on top of the chair and table on the Bible page so that I could stamp the books and it would look like the books were behind them. I stamped the lamp next and made a mask for it as well. Then I started stamping the books, lots and lots of books, LOL! I made a mask for the books so that I could make the stacks of books taller. Lastly, I added the cat, and drew in lines on the floor to make it look like hardwood floors. To color, I used water colors. It was a fun page to do reflecting on how great our Jesus is!

Have a blessed week! Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment