Monday, January 3, 2022

Live in your Bible

"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path."
Psalm 119:105


Well, it's a brand new year - 2022. Finally!

For most people, it's a time for reflection of all the experiences of the past year, as well as looking forward to plans for the upcoming year. If you are still setting your goals for the new year, can I just encourage you to make being in your Bible a top priority? And I don't just mean reading your Bible to check something off your to-do list. ✔ I mean soaking in the Word as a means to get to know your Lord in a personal, intimate relationship.

This quote from Charles Spurgeon is one of my favorites:
"Visit many good books, but live in the Bible."


A recent survey showed that only 11% of professing Christians read their Bible every day. Eleven percent! 

Devotionals wonderful, Christian books are wonderful, podcasts are wonderful - but none of those things are substitutes for God's Word in your heart. The Bible is God's Word to us, and the majority of Christians don't even read it! How sad. 

This year, make spending time with the Lord your top priority and see how it will change your heart and life. Whether your reading a good old-fashioned Bible, electronic Bible, or audio Bible, make it a point to get the Word in your heart every single day!

Page Details

I created this page using the new Let's Get Cozy stamp set, Delightfully Delicate stencil, colored pencils, and gelatos. I hand-lettered the Charles Spurgeon quote. One of my favorite things is to curl up in my armchair with a fuzzy blanket and my Bible. This page perfectly represents that, don't you think?! 😊

 

Have a very blessed New Year, friends!

Love in Christ, 

Janelle
IG: @journalingjoy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment