Sunday, January 30, 2022

Read His Book

And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, He explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning Himself. 
Luke 24:27

Hi Friends,
Are you a reader? What is your favorite book? My husband and I and both our daughters are avid readers. Both of my parents also love to read, as did my mother-in-law. I think reading was seen as important in our family and so the love of it has been passed down through the generations. 

Jesus holds importance in our family too, more than reading of course. He is our Savior, our Redeemer, our King. And being able to read about Him in the Bible is something I am very thankful for. Not only am I thankful for the ability to read so that I can read the Bible, I am also thankful for the accessibility of the Bible in America. I have numerous printed Bibles in various translations as well as digital Bibles that I can pull up on my phone, tablet, or computer. The book that should take precedence over all else is the Bible. One of my most favorite Charles Spurgeon quotes is: "Visit many good books, but live in the Bible."

The Bible lets us know our Savior better. And He's not just in the New Testament. He is found in the Old Testament just as Luke 24:27 indicates. He may not show up by name, but He is there nonetheless. The Old Testament shows us our need for Jesus by showing us the law, points to Jesus in Messianic prophecies, and foreshadows Jesus through the worship of the Jewish people. Jesus is found in EVERY book of the Bible from Genesis to Revelation. The Bible is all about Jesus. So, we shouldn't ignore the Old Testament or books that we may find more difficult to read or understand. The Bible definitely isn't "easy reading." It's SO much more. It is LIFE. I pray that we will all have an unquenchable desire for the Word of God, that we will all read it daily, and live according to it. To know our Savior, we must read His book. Anyone who says (s)he knows Jesus, but isn't reading the Bible, is lying. Many people are happy to tell us about "their" Jesus. What we must ask ourselves is this- am I following the Jesus of the Bible? If "my" Jesus doesn't line up with the One in Scripture, then that's not the real Jesus.

So take some time each day and read, my friends. Read about Jesus!

Page Details: I used the following Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps sets: Let's Get Cozy, God of Comfort, and Bitty Minnie Alpha. I stamped the images, masking what I needed to get the effect of some things being behind others. Then I used watercolor crayons to color the page.


Have a beautiful week! Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment