Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Saturate Your Soul with Scripture

"How happy is the one who does not walk in the advice of the wicked or stand in the pathway with sinners or sit in the company of mockers! Instead, his delight is in the Lord's instruction, and he meditates on it day and night. He is like a tree planted beside flowing streams that bears its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers. The wicked are not like this; instead, they are like chaff that the wind blows away. There the wicked will not stand up in the judgement, nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous. For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked leads to ruin." - Psalm 1:1-6


As we begin this new year, can I challenge you to saturate your heart, soul, and mind with scripture the whole year through? Psalm 1 talks about two paths and two destinations, the path of faithfulness or the the path of faithlessness to God. It's up to you to choose which path you will take. The path of faithfulness leads to God's joy, contentment, and favor; the path of faithlessness leads to worthlessnes and eternal judgement. Choose wisely!


When you sow a thought, you reap an action. When you sow an action, you reap a habit. When you sow a habit, you reap a character. When you sow a character, you reap a destiny.

You can't expect to grow spiritually this year if you are not daily feasting on the Word. The Bible pertains to all aspects of life. It guides and directs (Proverbs 3:5-6), it brings good success (Joshua 1:8), it overcomes fear by instilling faith in God's presence and power (Joshua 1:9), it gives stability (Psalm 16:8), it gives peace (Isaiah 26:3). 

What we dwell on, what we focus our mind on, that is what we become. Friend, let me just encourage you with this truth - God's Word is the best thing you can fix your mind on this new year. ๐Ÿงก


Be scripture saturated!

Page Details

I created the background of this page with watered down acrylic paint. I just painted and watered until I got the look I wanted. I then used stamp ink and texture paste with the Script and Delightfully Delicate stencils to add some more dimension to the page. Once that was done, I put down the adorable chair and side table images which I had already pre-colored with alcohol markers. I was really trying to "set the scene" so to speak with this page. 

(Tip: I picked up some cheap alcohol markers from Amazon last year and have so much fun relaxing and coloring at the end of a long day! I pre-stamp a bunch of images and then color them throughout the week. Then they are all ready to go when I want to create a Bible page or card ๐Ÿ˜‰)

Once I had the layout how I wanted it, I stamped my page title: Saturate your soul with scripture!

  
  

My prayer is that you will saturate your heart, mind, and soul with scripture today and every day this year!!

Much love in Christ, 

Janelle
**I'd love to connect with you on Instagram! You can find me here: @journalingjoy




No comments:

Post a Comment