Sunday, January 23, 2022

Rest

And the effect of righteousness will be peace, and the result of righteousness, quietness and trust forever. My people will abide in peaceful habitation, in secure dwellings, and in quiet resting places. Isaiah 32:17-18

Hello Sweet Friends,
Do you pray for a world of peace? of security? of rest? I know I do! This world we live in just makes me shake my head. I mean, let's be honest, there are so many things going on that just don't make sense. And I firmly believe that Satan is at work. But of course, we know that God is at work too. And who is stronger, my friends? Never forget that our God is greater than any other. It may seem like Satan is winning, but God is in control. And He's working everything- hear me, EVERYTHING, for His good purpose.

So, take a breath, and rest in Him. In Isaiah 32, we read of a beautiful future for Israel. Israel will be restored. God's Spirit will be poured out and His justice and righteousness will prevail. While this chapter is a prophecy for Israel, we know through Revelation and other New Testament books, that ultimately we will all see God's restoration of creation. Jesus will reign as King on earth! And with His righteousness will come peace and security and rest. Oh, how I look forward to that day! But we can have that peace and that security and that rest NOW. Yes, we must only focus on HIM. Remember Peter? When he jumped out of the boat to walk on water to Jesus, he only began to sink when he took his eyes off Jesus. (Matt 14:22-33) When he focused on the wind and the storm, that's when he sank. So, friends, let's not focus on the storms of this world. Let's focus on our great Savior, Jesus. Let's keep our eyes on Him. And in Him, we will find peace, security, and rest.

Page details: I used the following Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps supplies: Quilt Stencil and Faith Phrases

To make the colorful quilt using the stencil, I laid the stencil down on the page and covered each square with a sticky note. Then I used yellow distress oxide for the borders. Next I used 3 sticky notes to outline one of the triangles on the outside of the square and taped them together. All the triangles in the corners are the same size, so I used the mask for the corner triangles and the orange triangles. 

Since I had done the borders first, I could pick up the stencil and do all the triangles first by lining the stencil up with the borders and triangles as I colored them in. Finally, I masked off one square- completely masking the triangles and borders with a sticky note I cut up and washi tape- only the diamonds showed. 
It was a little more difficult to line up the squares as everything was masked, but I was able to get it close. I used 2 more small sticky notes so that only one diamond showed as I colored around it in alternating colors. 
I hope the photos help explain the process. It's not pretty, but it got the job done! LOL

Have a blessed week! Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment