Thursday, January 16, 2020

Protected By God's Grace




Hey guys! Stephanie here, sharing one of our new stamp sets called Grace So Amazing. 
"The will of God will never take you where the grace of God cannot protect you." I'm sure you've probably heard that statement a time or two. Is it a verse in the bible? No. I think some people think it is, but it's actually not. 

It is however, very true and a general concept repeated throughout the bible.  

2 Corinthians 12:9
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

1 Corinthians 10:13
"No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it."



And he also reassures us all throughout the bible that no matter where we may be, not matter what we may be facing, he is always with us and will never forsake us! 

Deuteronomy 31:6
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you, he will never leave nor forsake you."

Joshua 1:5
"No one will be able to stand against you, all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you, I will never leave nor forsake you."

1 Chronicles 28:20
"David also said to Solomon his son, "Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the Lord is finished."

When I think about this concept, I envision being sent somewhere away from home and away from anything that makes you comfortable. Like being out in the wilderness at night. A feeling of being scared and alone. But, looking up at the night sky you would see all the wonder that God created and know that you are NOT alone after all. Now, this is obviously a bit dramatic. You don't have to be in the middle of the woods at night to apply this concept. You could simply be wondering: is this new job opportunity for me, even though it seems out of my reach? Traveling to a different country to do missionary work is really scary!  So many different times in life where you can wonder if everything will be ok. But trust in God. He has only good things planned for you when you follow his will. It will be ok if you trust in Him!

xoxo,
Stephanie Gammon


Grace So Amazing 
Scene Silhouettes Trees
Landscape Silhouettes


No comments:

Post a Comment