Monday, January 13, 2020

Grace, More Than Abundant

I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service, even though I was formerly a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent aggressor. Yet I was shown mercy because I acted ignorantly in unbelief; and the grace of our Lord was more than abundant, with the faith and love which are found in Christ Jesus. 1 Timothy 1:12-14

Hi Friends!
Grace, what an amazing gift it is. Grace can be defined as God's love in action towards men who merited the opposite of love. (Packer, J.I. Knowing God) This is exactly what Paul was talking about in these verses. Before Paul had his encounter with Jesus, when he was known as Saul, he did everything in his strength to oppose Jesus. He was highly educated and a self-righteous member of the Pharisees. Saul was so zealous for God that he persecuted the church. 

And then he met Jesus. And Jesus changed his life. Jesus showered him with grace that was more than abundant to bring him to salvation. It didn't matter what Saul had done. What mattered was what His Savior had done. Jesus loved him, met him where he was, forgave him, and covered him with His grace and righteousness. And Paul was never the same. So I stamped a quote on the page from Anne Lamott, "Grace meets us where we are but does not leave us where it found us." So true for Paul. So true for us. Yes, the good news is...Jesus does the same for us that He did for Paul. Yes, you and me!

Sweet friend, it matters not what you have done. Jesus loves you. He pursues you. He wants to cover you with His grace and righteousness. Not because you deserve it (nor do I), but because of who He is. Turn to Him. Repent, and ask His forgiveness. Put your faith and love in Him, and you will be covered in His grace which is more than abundant. More than abundant, rest in that sweet truth.

Page Details:
This simple page was stamped with the followings sets from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps: Grace So Amazing and Shake It Off Caps. I used pigment ink pads as they tend not to bleed through Bible pages.

Jesus' grace is there for you. Take it. Have a blessed week. Andrea







No comments:

Post a Comment