Saturday, January 4, 2020

Finding our Identity



"But to all who did receive Him, He gave them the right to be children of God."
John 1:12

First weekend of the new year! How crazy is that? Seems like time is just flying by all while I'm standing still. With a new year comes new goals, new resolutions, and for most of the bible journaling community a word to focus on for the year. I spent a lot of time in prayer, reaching out to God to give me a word to focus on. The bible tells us that our wisdom is foolishness to the Lord (1Corinthians 3:19) so I knew I couldn't trust my own intuition, I needed to fully lean on the Lord for guidance. One night while I was driving home this song came on the radio by Casting Crowns that talked about "loving my Jesus" and boy did I cry! I want my whole life to be a reflection of God and His unfailing love. It was like God whispered in my ear, "Identity" and I knew that was my word. After lots of reading and studying verses about my identity in Christ, I came across this verse in John and I had one of those "Praise the Lord!" moments! 

Sweet brothers and sisters in Christ we were born "not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God" (John 1:13) 
Praise the Lord!! May we remember today and everyday that our identity does not come from the world but from God!


Amanda <3



Here's the link to the alpha stamps I used 



Here's a link to the song by Casting Crowns

https://youtu.be/KcFKZlxX2Gw


No comments:

Post a Comment