Sunday, January 12, 2020

Leaving and Camping...

Hi friends,

Have you ever read a list in the Bible that repeats similar information over and over again and just skipped to the end? I know I have, but I need to be reminded that all these details are in Scripture for a reason.


In Numbers 33 there is a record of all the places the Israelites left and camped on their journey from Egypt to the edge of the Promised Land, and while all these names of places may seem irrelevant to us today, the repeated refrain of 'they left... and they camped...' got me thinking about a couple of important things.


Firstly, the Israelites went where God let them. They were willing to pack up and leave when God moved them on. I think the camping imagery is great here, as there is a constant element of being in transistion, not settling down, but always being ready to move. Secondly, the presence of God went with them to all these places, protecting them and providing for them. It is a good reminder that no matter where the will of God may take us, the grace and protection of God will always be upon us.


This page and message is one that means a lot to me personally at the moment as we contemplate a potential move away from all that is comfortable and known, but very much feeling that God is leading us in it. Whenever I think about the difficulties surrounding the move, I have to remind myself that God who calls us is faithful to protect and provide for us, and that our responsibility is simple obedience.


I used the new With Love Alpha set on this page for the words 'left' and 'camped' and used Bitty Minnie Alpha for the other words, then stamped the text from the new Grace so Amazing underneath (the perfect message for this page!). I stamped the cute caravan from Happy Camper and coloured with watercolours and sponged some yellow ink in the sky to create a sun effect. Here are the sets I used:


I hope you are encouraged to step out and go wherever God may be leading you (even if it isn't a move of physical location, sometimes it's another move of obedience that God is requiring). And remember: wherever God guides, he provides.

Be blessed...

x Amy x






No comments:

Post a Comment