Saturday, December 28, 2019

Recorded Words...

Hi friends,

In the middle of Job's time of intense suffering and questioning, he cried out "oh that my words were recorded, that they were written on a scroll, that they were inscribed with an iron tool on lead, or engraved on rock forever!" (Job 19:23-24) He then goes on to utter one of the most well-known and loved phrases in the book of Job: "I know that my Redeemer lives..."


I was thinking about these verses and the fact that God was faithful to answer Job's plea for his words to be recorded. In fact, not only were they recorded, but they have been preserved through many centuries of time and have brought wisdom and encouragements to many millions of people throughout the world and throughout history. What an awesome answer to prayer!


When I was creating this page I was challenged again by the opportunity I have to write things down, specifically to journal about my experiences, thoughts, prayers and learning. While I do make regular time for art journaling (painting and stamping in my Bible), I have always struggled to maintain the discipline of writing in a journal, despite knowing its many benefits and even reading books on the subject!!


But when reflecting on Job's desperate plea for his words to be recorded, and the difficulty with which words would have been recorded in these ancient times, I was convicted once again of how easy it is for me to journal, but how undisciplined I am when it comes to writing things down regularly. One of the habits I want to get into going into the new year is to journal more frequently. And when I struggle with finding either the time or motivation, I now can remember Job and how much he valued having his words recorded. I also know that if I pray and ask God to help me develop this habit, he will be faithful to answer me, just as he was faithful to answer Job.


I had lots of fun creating a background with acrylic paints and stencils on this page, using various shades of green and blue. The typewriter, flowers and paper from Vintage Love were stamped on separate card, cut out and coloured with coloured pencils before gluing onto the page. The verse was stamped with a combination of School Days Alpha and Art Deco Alpha.



How do you feel about journaling? Is it a habit you already have established, one you would like to establish in your life? Maybe it's not something you think you need, but I would encourage you to think about how you are recording and reflecting upon the things in your life.

Be blessed...

x Amy x

No comments:

Post a Comment