Thursday, December 19, 2019

Deepest Sympathy


So todays entry is different than what I usually share with you all. I was inspired to create a card instead of a bible journaling entry. 

I don't know about you guys, but for me, this year has been difficult and I can't wait to say goodbye to 2019. The year started out rough with the sudden loss of my dad and as you can expect that has hovered over me every day since. But along with that, so many people I know, both family members and friends, have had traumatic circumstances this year. This year has been full of sadness, loss, death, sickness and lost hope. I've felt like every time I turned around I was heartbroken for someone else. At times, this year has felt like it was too much to bear. 



But I'm happy to say that I believe it's because of my faith in God and family that I have made it to the end of this year in pretty good shape. I created this card for my aunt who recently lost her dog of 15 years. Some dogs become members of the family, and when my Dad passed, my aunt also lost her brother. So the two on top of each other in one year is a lot. I sent her this card in hopes that it would make her smile and remember I am always there. Sometimes, all someone needs is for one person to reach out and let them know that they aren't forgotten. No matter what tough circumstance we are going through, no matter how alone we may feel, God is always there! He is working behind the scenes to mend the hurt in our hearts. He may not remove the hurt you are feeling entirely, but if you seek him in prayer, he will help start the healing process. 

Psalm 34:18
"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted 
and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

I stamped the image from Sympathy Morning Glories and added color with Derwent Intense colored pencils. I love these pencils! They're a great way to get a watercolored look with great control and detail. 


I am praying that as we all prepare to step into a new year, that if your 2019 was a struggle, that 2020 will be much brighter! 


xoxo,
Stephanie Gammon




Sympathy Morning Glories






No comments:

Post a Comment