Monday, December 30, 2019

Holy Spirit, You Are Welcome Here

Even on My servants, both men and women, 
I will pour out My Spirit in those days. Joel 2:29

Hello Friends!

Today, we are in Joel 2. He is speaking of the last days- a future time when, ultimately, Christ will return. At that time, the Holy Spirit will be very active. The great news is that, even though much of Joel's prophecy is yet to be fulfilled, the pouring out of the Holy Spirit began on Pentecost when the apostles were filled with the Spirit. From that day on, all believers have been and are indwelt by the Holy Spirit.

So, my question is this: do we welcome the Holy Spirit into our hearts and lives? Jesus told the disciples in John 14:26, "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you." The Holy Spirit is our Helper. He teaches us. He reveals the truth to us. So, we should welcome Him enthusiastically!

Believers, as God's children, are indwelt by the Holy Spirit. But we shouldn't treat Him as a visiting guest. We want to welcome Him home in our hearts. Our focus should be on the will of God and the work of Jesus. By praying, Bible reading and studying, worshiping, we will welcome the Spirit. And He will guide and empower us in all we do. Holy Spirit, You are most definitely welcome here!

Page Details:
I used the following Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps sets: Happy Camper, Love Your Neighbor, and Holy Spirit. I am loving the new Happy Camper set! Isn't it the cutest??!! It's so versatile with all the "embellishment" stamps. I used watercolor crayons and a Micron pen as well.

Have a great week! Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment