Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Come & See What God Has Done!

"Come and see what God has done, his awesome deeds for mankind!" Psalm 66:5


Happy Tuesday!
And oh my goodness, we're so close to the very holiday that I love and cherish and adore and wish I could have all year around!!!!!

Yes, I love Christmas.
I didn't use to.  In fact, the very thought of the implications of Christmas were enough to drown the spirit that IS Christmas.
Holiday traffic, holiday commercials, holiday specials, holiday movies, holiday hustle, holiday get-togethers, holiday white elephants, holiday you name it.  I morphed into a tiny-hearted, somewhat bitter and judgmental person whenever "blow out sales" infiltrated my town, on my television, all over my phone.
Worse than a bah-humbug, I became the worst version of myself and found it difficult to see with a tender heart, the love, joy, bliss, and excitement of the tiny hearts around me.  Yes, my children.  They seem to have a way of teaching me as much as I teach them.
They seem to have the appropriate level of enthusiasm about chopping a tree down in 20 degree weather, in 3 feet of snow.
They seem to have the right mentality of gift-giving and receiving, and the very eagerness necessary of sharing in the joys of holiday festivities.
My children... ever the teachers, and they don't even know it. 😄😄
Full Process video, click here

Roughly 3 years back, God began something serious - an overhaul, if you will - in my heart and mind.  His handling of me, though painful at times, began the overthrow of my darkened and somewhat demonic perspective on the holiday.
No, not to teach me that Christmas is joy in Black Friday sales, matching family pajamas, and inordinate amounts of prepared food; but to teach me of who He is, and why it's important that I look up and outward for this very blessed, holy day.
To be sure, there is still work to be done as I cop the attitude of phone-me-when-it's-over the moment I step into any store.  I just want a pack of AA batteries people; can I skip past the 6 carts of stocking stuffers, lawn ornaments, and over-priced chocolate assortments??
...
Breathe, Deeds.
Don't forget, Deeds.
Keep your hope, Deeds.
Shine your light, Deeds.

And all of this is preparatory work so you may see a very real and shameful struggle, IN COMPARISON to the God that is working to sanctify me and redeem this time.

In traveling through the Psalms, I've noticed a recurring theme and story line of joy in suffering; hope in darkness; praise in penitence; worship in worry.  The inspired writers minister to their future readers, via the Holy Spirit, to bring us full circle to the end of ourselves, and the truth of the gospel.  Verse after verse presents a movement geared to point us upward, to direct us forward, to set us heavenward. 
Ours is a blessed time, indeed, and in this time of cheer, laughter, joy and music, it's appropriate to understand the good news as proclaimed throughout the Bible:  God with us.
Now, Psalm 66 is not necessarily recognized as a precursor to a heaven-sent God-man, Redeemer of the world.  I'm going to guess that it's not the section of scripture you read on Christmas morning to your kids before the ungift-wrapping frenzy commences.
But, for just the next few minutes, read Psalm 66 in the context of God's good news to the world; try to see the connections of grace, mercy, transformation, wonder, and love of a faithful God in bringing freedom, hope and joy to a world in darkness  (Note: don't forget to pause  - Selah - when prompted, so you are able to pause and think on the glorious-ness of the Word).
Now that you've read it, I want to direct you to my Youtube channel, and show you how the Lord pressed the gospel message into each section covered in the video.  Click here to go to the full process video and devotional.  Once you get there, give me a howdy and consider the challenge with the certain technique with baby wipes and acrylic paint.  :D


I pray that this will not only inspire you to worship God in this text, but additionally prompt you to seek the good news of Jesus Christ as presented and strewn throughout scripture.  We have been granted "Emmanuel" - "God with us" - and this is the perfect time to assume the posture of humility and praise of God, for He is indeed awesome!
Glory!
Glory to God!
Noel! Noel!
Come and see what God has done!

"Shout for joy to God, all the earth; sing the glory of his name; give to him glorious praise! Say to God, "How awesome are your deeds!'" (Psalm 66:1-3)

Much love because He first loved us,
Deeds


https://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/december-stamp-of-the-month-sympathy-morning-glories-clear-stamp-set/?aff=7
https://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/creative-worship-script-outline-alpha-clear-stamp-set/?aff=7

No comments:

Post a Comment