Monday, September 23, 2019

Trust Me

Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, 
I will be exalted in the earth. Psalm 46:10

Hi Friends!

Today we're in Psalm 46 with a well know verse. Be still. Such a simple command, and yet, it can be so hard to do. The NASB translation says "cease striving" instead of "be still." This command comes from the Hiphil stem of the verb rapha in Hebrew meaning to be weak, to let go, to release. So, we are being told to surrender ourselves in order to know that God is in control. And, instead of trusting in ourselves, we can trust in our all-sufficient and sovereign God. There is so much striving in this world. But, as believers, we need not hopelessly fight. Instead, we can surrender ourselves, and trust God. Knowing God is knowing that He is good and He will see us through all things. Yes, and amen!

Page Details:
For this page, I used the following Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps sets: Trust in the Lord, Sunshine Girl Alpha, Set Apart, In His Image, and Faith Wordfetti.

I made the notebook paper lines with colored pencils. I used distress oxides for the background. Distress oxides are a combination of pigment and dye inks that react when water is added. By spritzing water on the page, I was able to get the neat splatter effect. The pencil was colored with colored pencils.

Trust in Him, my friends! He is completely trustworthy.
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment