Monday, September 2, 2019

Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus

"'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, 
Just to take Him at His word,
Just to rest upon His promise, 
Just to know, "Thus saith the Lord."
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him, 
How I've proved Him o'er and o'er!
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus! 
O for grace to trust him more!"


Hymnal journaling is so much fun, and this month's new release stamp sets "Donut Worry" and "Trust in the Lord" immediately made me think of the timeless hymn, "Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus". I love to listen to music, sermons, and podcasts while I journal. How about you? Do you like to listen to music or enjoy some quiet time with the Lord while you journal? I'd love to connect with you to hear more about your journaling time. 😊



I used the Donut Worry, Trust in the Lord, and Jesus Rocks stamp sets to create this page. I used my trusty Tombow dual brush markers and Distress Oxides for stamping and coloring, and then splattered a little blue and purple to finish out the page. I did gesso the page first to make the colors go on a little more smoothly. Be careful with stamping after gessoing though! It's easy to smudge. 😉

    

Love in Christ,
Janelle
@journalingjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment