Monday, September 30, 2019

God Rules All

He will cause deceit to prosper, and he will consider himself superior. When they feel secure, he will destroy many and take his stand against the Prince of princes. Yet he will be destroyed, but not by human power. Daniel 8:25

Dear Friends,

Today, I'm writing about Daniel 8. Daniel 8 tells of a vision and its interpretation. It's a very difficult chapter to understand. The vision prophecies world empires and some of what will happen in end times. I'm not even going to try to explain the vision. That's a job for someone much more knowledgeable than me. But, as for the take-away from this chapter, we need know no more than this: God is in control. While we may not understand what will happen in the future, we can rest in the fact that God is sovereign and working together all things for His purpose. Man may think he has power in this world. World leaders may rule over their countries. But any power man claims is limited. God is supreme over all.

So fear not, my friends, what the future may bring. Just trust our good God. He rules!

Page Details:
I used the following Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps sets: Trust in the Lord, Joint Heirs, and All in All. I did some masking to get the words I wanted. From the Joint Heirs set, I stamped "rule" then masked the "hi" from the "his" stamp with a sticky backed paper and inked up the "s." After taking the masking off the stamp, I stamped the "s" to make "rules." That's one of the great things about clear stamps, you can see through them for placement. So masking and making new words is more easily done. I also used the masking technique for "overrules." I just picked the words that had the letters I needed. The only letter I didn't have was "v" so I wrote it in with a Micron pen. For the background, I used acrylic paints. For the clouds, I used a stencil and embossing paste.

Rest in Him and His rule. Have a blessed week! Andrea

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful post and page, Andrea. Love the truth of God both ruling and overruling. AND I like your little clouds! LOL Really a great page. Can't wait to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete