Saturday, September 7, 2019

My whole being waits...

Hi friends,


I've got to be honest with you: patience and waiting are not my strengths. In fact, I am very impatient and cannot stand being bored (my smartphone has become a convenient, if not very helpful distraction when waiting in queues!). So when I read scriptures in the Bible that talk about waiting, I am convicted about my lack of willingness to wait patiently.


When I read Psalm 130:5 the other day what struck me is the phrase 'my whole being waits'. I began to meditate on what that means, and how it would look if every part of my being was willing to wait for the Lord. I may be able to wait physically, in that I don't force things to happen by my actions, and while that is good, it is only one part of what waiting needs to include.


My biggest challenge, to be honest, is my mind. Even if my physical being is waiting by not rushing into action, my mind is so often in overdrive trying to process and work out every possibility. What if this happens? What if there's a delay? What if it never comes? The questions and possible answers go swirling around my head incessantly. But instead, I need to learn to wait with my whole being, including my mind. Waiting means trust and stillness, knowing that God is more than able to supply what I need, and no amount of stressing or striving on my part will make any difference to the outcome. I am slowly learning that in the waiting process I need to continually turn my thoughts and emotions over to God, submitting to his timing and trusting that he will answer.


I love the chair image in the new Warmth of Christmas set - it goes so well with the themes of trust and waiting, which I have a ton of verses I want to journal on using the new Trust in the Lord set. I used the beautiful Birds & Blooms set for the flowers and bird, as well as School Days Alpha and Teeny Alpha for stamping the verse.




I don't know about you, but I am pretty challenged about my whole being waiting for the Lord. I need to grow in this, but I know that the Holy Spirit is faithful to remind me in my waiting to trust and submit my whole being to God.

Be blessed...

x Amy x


No comments:

Post a Comment