Monday, April 29, 2019

Sunshine

Then let not grief your heart beguile
Meet every trouble with a smile
Are any sad, go make them glad
And live in sunshine all the while
-Live in Sunshine, Katharine A. Grimes

Hi Friends!
Spring is here, and with it sunshine and warmer weather. My favorite seasons are spring and summer. I was born and raised in Texas, and I LOVE the heat. My family and I lived in Michigan for a while. One particularly hard winter, I had the weather on. It was mid-March and the weatherman mentioned that we had only had 15 minutes of sunlight between January to March that year. That winter seemed very harsh even though we didn't have as much snow that year. Just the fact that there was little sunlight made a huge difference.

But, we have a greater Light than the sun. When I first saw this hymn, it made me think of the song, "You Are My Sunshine." I hadn't heard this hymn before, but it's theme is that by abiding in Jesus, we can live in joy. And, so like the hymn says, we can live in sunshine all the time- no matter how many clouds are in the sky, or in our lives. Jesus takes the darkness away. Jesus loves us unconditionally. He is radiant and deserves all glory. Jesus is my sunshine.

Page details: I used Marquee Caps from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. I stamped with distress oxide inks. Then I outlined the letters and the sun with a Micron pen. I used watercolor crayons to color in the sun.

Live in His Light, my friends! Have a blessed week. Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment