Saturday, April 6, 2019

God is good...All The Time

Hey friends! Life has been a little crazy, chaotic and topsy turvy lately. But April is here and now we have beautiful new stamps joining the line up in the shop...you can go check those out here. Let's jump on in and get our hands a little dirty and I will share my heart...


The splotchy, textured paint at the top and bottom of the pages I created by using a new technique I learned from Shanna Noel. I used a piece of wax paper and a drop of paint then sprayed it with water to create a looser consistency. Then comes the fun part, I smooshed the wax paper into the page. This created a very loose almost watercolor like look to the page. Once the paint was completely dried I stamped the happy day florals. I stamped the triangles around using a little watered down acrylic paint. For the title I used the All in all stamp set (this has to be one of my new favorites, I think I have used it on nearly every page since I received it!) and stamped out 'all the time God is'. The last step is my journaling, stickers, tabs, wordfetti, and puffy hearts.



Ever have a few weeks that you just feel so defeated and frustrated? I am just passing through that ... A few weeks ago my basement was flooded when my area experienced massive amounts of heavy rain. Then the next weekend my water heater began to leak all over my basement...ugh I was beginning to feel like everything was against me. Later that week I sat down to some much needed quiet time and these verses fell into my lap like much needed ointment for my soul.

"My response is to get down on my knees before the Father, this magnificent Father who parcels out all heaven and earth. I ask him to strengthen you by his Spirit - not a brute strength but a glorious inner strength- that Christ will live in you are you open the door and invite him in. And I ask him that with both feet planted firmly on love, you'll be able to take in with all followers of Jesus the extravagant dimensions of Christ's love. Reach out and experience the breadth! Test its length! Plumb the depths! Rise to the heights! Live full lives, full in the fullness of God. God can do anything you know-far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! Ephesians 3:14-20 MSG

Talk about knocking my socks off and making me want to shout "Hallelujah"! I needed this reminder that no matter the stuff going on around me my Father is holding all things together. He sees me, loves me and cares. I simply need to seek Him, and He will open the gates wide. Sometimes our circumstances can cloud our view making it hard to see the truth. Just remember ALL THE TIME God is good!


Hugs and Prayers,
Jenn @creativegurl85




No comments:

Post a Comment