Saturday, April 20, 2019

Shine


Hey everyone! Have you all checked out the fabulous new stamps released this month?....if not, jump over to the shop HERE and check out the lovelies added this month. I always have a hard time picking and choosing which sets I prefer to work with! The Marquee Caps Alpha is one of my favorites this month. I love the bold letters.


I began by stamping out my title 'Shine' using the 'Marquee Caps Alpha' onto cardstock paper using black StazOn ink. I added a dash of yellow in the dots and then fussy cut around the letters and set them on the page. Then I sketched in some lanterns and hanging lights. I used a little yellow watercolor to create the illusion of glowing lanterns and lights and to also pop the sketch a little more off the page. Finally I added my title, filled in some journaling and highlighted my verses. This is a simple page...if drawing is scary or intimidating you can always use the Starry Sanctuary printable and add those gorgeous images to your pages. I find that doodling is a fun way for me to spend some extended moments pondering and meditating on the words.


"When Moses came down from Mount Sinai, with the two tablets of the testimony in his hand as he came down from the mountain, Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone because he had been talking with God. Aaron and all the people of Israel saw Moses, and behold, the skin of his face shone, and they were afraid to come near him. But Moses called to them, and Aaron and all the leaders of the congregation returned to him, and Moses talked with them. Afterward all the people of Israel came near, and he commanded them all that the Lord had spoken with him in Mount Sinai. And  when Moses had finished speaking with them, he put a veil over his face."  Exodus 34:29-33


I have read the story of Moses receiving the ten commandments so many times, but in the last couple years Jesus has caused me to see a part of this in a new light. Moses went on top of Mt Sinai in Exodus 34 to talk to God and receive instruction and when he came down in verses 29-35 something remarkable happened. The people saw a visible change in Moses's appearance...his face shone. It even said that Moses had to wear a veil because the glory of God was so thick on him that the Israelites couldn't look at him. WOW that is some intense Jesus time! So this has me thinking...Does my face shine? Do people look at me and wonder whats up?

Father, let my face shine bright! When people around see me may they be drawn in curious and wanting to know more. My life goal is for everyone around me to see me and say..."She's been with Jesus!" Amen

Thank you all for stopping by I pray you go out into your Easter weekend and shine bright!
Hugs and prayers!
Jenn @creativegurl85





No comments:

Post a Comment