Saturday, May 4, 2019

Holy Holy Holy!


Hello lovelies! It's May and I am very excited to share this months new stamp sets with you all! You are totally going to want to run on over to the shop and preorder/order these new stamps in the shop HERE. Today I am sharing a page from my hymnal ...


I normally never prep pages using gesso because... well I am lazy! However in this very old vintage hymnal I decided to use a very thin coat of clear gesso so the inks and stamping didn't bleed through. I used the 'Holy' stamp from the Joint Heirs stamp set and stamped it using my Distress inks in evergreen bough, picked raspberry, mustard seed and mowed lawn. I used a stencil with the same inks to create the floral image on the page. I really find great joy and satisfaction in using up the supplies I have laying around from past kits or projects, which is why I pulled out this praise tip in from an old Illustrated Faith kit as well as some stickers and cut outs. I stamped the, earth and of, His from the Joint Heirs set in StazOn black and mowed lawn. The word glory came from the All in All set and I first stamped it in StazOn black then offset it with the mustard seed. Now lets dig into the deeper meaning...


This hymn is probably familiar to many of you reading this. Our mouths have probably uttered the words Holy a time or two am I right? We may even say it and no longer elicit any deep emotion as we say them. Which got me thinking .... what does "holy" mean, and why is it repeated three times? Isaiah 6:1-3 "I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and the train of His robe filled the temple. Above Him stood the seraphim. Each had six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. And one called to another and said: "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory!" Wow can you just imagine! Holy means something or someone is exalted or worthy of complete devotion as one perfect in goodness and righteousness. The word "holy' dates back to the 11th century with an old English word halig derived from the word hal meaning 'whole' and is used to mean "uninjured, sound, healthy, entire and complete." So when the seraphim are singing holy, holy, holy they are proclaiming He is the uninjured, spotless lamb of God who is to be exalted as the one who took away the sins of the world. Ok, now onto why holy is said three times...it was a number of completion or perfection, as we see through the trinity, and in the book of Revelation 4:6,8. The holiness of God is indescribable in human language; therefore, the heavens proclaimed and provided the revelation of the eternal. This beautiful hymn allows us to use our voices to surrender our hearts to experience God's mercy and love as well as enable us to proclaim God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit to the world.

Thanks so much for stopping by I hope you leave feeling a sense of awe of our holy Father God. I encourage you to slow down and really listen and study the words you are singing; meditate on the merciful, loving God we serve.

Love and prayers,
Jenn @creativegurl85












No comments:

Post a Comment