Saturday, May 18, 2019

No Longer a Slave


Hello all! I hope you are all enjoying the new stamp releases this month and feeling inspired and creative. You can hop over to the shop and check out all the stamps here as well as some sets that have come back in stock.

This is smaller entry because some days you only have a few moments or you may want to add extra entries later. I began this page with one of my favorite techniques embossing and watercolor. I used the Freedom in Christ set for the stamped images, Versafine clear ink and white embossing powder. If you have never tried this technique before it is an absolute blast and makes you feel a little like a magician. I first stamped the images with the clear sticky ink then pour the powder over the areas dumping the excess back into the container. It is very important that you clean the area around the images with a clean paintbrush, sweeping away all the stray powder that wants to stick in the wrong spots. If you don't do this you could end up with spots of raised embossing in areas that you didn't intend. Next comes the magic...the heat tool. Warm up the powder slowly moving your tool so the area doesn't burn once the powder melts you are finished. Ta da! Now it doesn't pop off the page yet so I like to use watercolor to create a background, but I could totally see using distress inks and oxides too. Finally I like to add a little extra pizzazz with some washi, stickers, and a tip in.


 "We know that our old self was crucified with Him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we are no longer enslaved to sin. For one who has died has been free from sin. Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him."  Romans 6:6-8

Father, Thank you for reminding me that Satan has no power over me! His kingdom is defeated, through your death. You give me the power to fight the temptation of sin. Amen! 



Love and Prayers,



No comments:

Post a Comment