Friday, February 15, 2019

The Lord Heals




This is a blog post in which the words from Scripture need to do much more speaking than me. Right now, I have several friends in crisis situations with either having lost a parent very unexpected, or are watching a parent age and decline rapidly. This is one of those times where there really are no words.

Also, I have a few people close to me dealing with either their own serious health condition or that of someone they love. Again, so much pain and brokenness that words escape me..

However, the Bible tells us in Psalm 147:1-3 that God bandages and heals!! When the walls are crumbling, and all seems lost, we are told to sing praises and that they are fitting.



“Praise the Lord! How good to sing praises to our God! How delightful and how fitting! The Lord is rebuilding Jerusalem and bringing the exiles back to Israel. He heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds.”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭147:1-3‬ ‭NLT‬‬

In verse 5 of the same chapter, we are told that He has power and understanding beyond what we can comprehend.

“How great is our Lord! His power is absolute! His understanding is beyond comprehension!”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭147:5‬ ‭NLT‬‬


So with these words, I encourage you my friends when life is hard...and it will be at times...know that He understands, He himself bandages wounds and He heals broken hearts. Lean in to Him today.






Art behind the heart:

The set Healer of my Heart from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps was used here. I started with a light watercolor wash on the background and then stamped the words.  The heart and bandage were stamped separately, fussy cut, and then added. A few paper pieces and a ribbon clip completed the page.

Until next time,
Gayle
Patio Ponderings









No comments:

Post a Comment