Monday, February 25, 2019

Broken & Beautiful

Into Your hand I commit my spirit; You have redeemed me, O Lord, faithful God. Psalm 31:5

Dear friends,
We are all broken in some way. After all, we live in a fallen world with disease, sin, and hurts of all kinds. But into that brokenness enters our great God. He redeems that brokenness and turns it into a thing of beauty. When I think of my brokenness, of my broken times, although I don't want to relive them, I can now see the beauty in them. Brokenness has brought me closer to my Savior. There are such sweet times with Him in my moments of need. Of course, really, every moment I have is a moment of need in regard to Him, but often I don't feel that need unless I'm going through something difficult.

David voiced his need in Psalm 31. In verse 5, he committed himself to God and spoke of his trust and God's redemption. But he was broken! Verse 9a says, "Be gracious to me, O Lord, for I am in distress." And verse 12b says, "...I have become like a broken vessel." And yet, he praises God in verse 7a, "I will rejoice and be glad in Your steadfast love, because You have seen my affliction." And verses 14 & 15a speak of his trust, "But I trust in You, O Lord; I say, 'You are my God.' My times are in Your hand."

God is with us through our brokenness. We may be damaged and scarred, but He brings beauty right in the middle of our mess.

Page details: I used the following Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps sets: Healer of My Heart, Made New, and His Love. Made New is the February Stamp of the Month and free with a $75 purchase. Plus, you can use the code ANDREA10 to get 10% off any purchase of $10 or more!! I used sponge daubers to apply distress oxides to the page. Then spritzed water on the page. The distress oxides react to the water and give it that speckled look. I added highlights with a white pen.

Have a blessed week! Andrea











No comments:

Post a Comment