Saturday, February 16, 2019

Heal the broken


Hello everyone! I am back this month to share a page in my journaling Bible using the Healer of my Heart stamp set. This set has so many different words and connector phrases it is so easy to pull together many different pages and I can see using it over and over again.

"The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, proclaim liberty to the captives , and the opening of the prison to those who are bound." Isaiah 61:1

I chose to do a smaller entry this time as I thought I may want to come back and add another entry to the top of the page. I first used clear gesso and prepped the page...yup my first time ever prepping a page. I decided to use distress inks and I knew they would bleed a lot if I didn't first add the gesso. I pulled out the colors salty ocean, evergreen bough, and seedless preserves and lightly swirled the inks into the paper. Once they were dry I used the heals stamp and simply used a small piece of washi to cover the 's' so I could have the word heal. Then came the finishing touches and a few wordfetti stickers, some simple hearts and a prayer.

Father, show me, open my eyes to those around me that are hurting. Give me your heart. Show me ways to help the hurting around me. Amen!


Thanks for stopping by! Come on over to our Facebook group and share your pages and creative worship. Then swing by the shop and pick up these stamps or any others you love and be sure to use code jennifer15 to save 15% off your purchase.

Love and prayers,







No comments:

Post a Comment