Monday, January 7, 2019

The Power of a Word

Death and life are in the power of the tongue,
and those who love it will eat its fruits.
Proverbs 18:21

Many of us have chosen our Word of the Year (WOY).  Some of you may be contemplating it, perhaps never having done it before.  I highly encourage you to pray and ask God to lead you to your focal word for the year.  There is power in it.  


My word for the year is persevere and I have no doubt God gave this poignant word to my soul.  Persevere.  There are so many ways to implement this word...to keep it ever before me.  

I hope you will join me LIVE tomorrow on the Creative Worship Facebook page when I share a number of ways you can implement your word, whatever you've chosen.  Here is one example of how I've used my word.  Music is just as powerful as our words because music comes from God (he sings over us, angels sing in chorus around the throne), and he can touch us through music.  So music selections will be a big part of how I keep PERSEVERE in front of me this year.  

I'll share a number of other Bible study, word study, art and music expressions to keep you focused on your WOY all year long.  I hope you can join me, 9:00 CST, on the Creative Worship FB page. (I'm hoping this link will lead you there and if you haven't joined, it's so easy.  Follow the link and click on the button to join.)  Even if you don't have your word, join me...I'll share a list of potential words and perhaps one of the will speak to you.  I'm so excited to share with you. The LIVE will be posted later as a replay for your convenience. 

Design Detail:
I used torn paper to mask off mountain images and a punched circle to create the sun.  All the inks are Distress Oxide inks. The word is stamped using the Chunky Lowercase Alpha.  I'll be showcasing ideas using our newest stamp sets tomorrow.  Hope to see you there!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment