Friday, January 4, 2019

Abide





Abide isn’t a word we use regularly these days, but the definition is very clear. It indicates a choice. It suggests an action. It’s not something that just happens.

For my word this year, I really feel the Lord pulling me close to Him. I’m sensing He wants me to spend even more quality time with Him. Heart time. Also, more quantities of time...abiding in Him.



When Jesus called the disciples, He asked them to “follow Him.” It was used as an imperative, not just a comment in passing. “Follow me!”  In Matthew, we are told the disciples immediately left all behind and followed Him.
  
“One day as Jesus was walking along the shore of the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers—Simon, also called Peter, and Andrew—throwing a net into the water, for they fished for a living. Jesus called out to them, “Come, follow me, and I will show you how to fish for people!” And they left their nets at once and followed him. A little farther up the shore he saw two other brothers, James and John, sitting in a boat with their father, Zebedee, repairing their nets. And he called them to come, too. They immediately followed him, leaving the boat and their father behind.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭4:18-22‬ ‭NLT‬‬


I’ve been a Jesus follower for many years now. For that I’m so thankful. This year, God is drawing me even closer and calling after my heart to really dig in and abide. To dwell. To linger. To encamp.

As I began to ponder and pray over what this year should like like for me, I kept hearing the Lord whisper “abide. Just abide with me, Gayle. Don’t be making your own plans, let me guide your steps. When you encamp with me, when you draw ever close to me, when you truly dwell with me...that’s when you’ll know exactly what those plans, goals and dreams should like like.”

“We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭16:9‬ ‭NLT

‬‬

For me, I don’t want to miss one thing the God has in store for the coming year. My heart is all His. If you are looking for me, I’ll be at His feet...abiding with Him.




Art behind the story:

For this entry, I knew the focus would be two fold. For the word “abide” I used the Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamps new Happy Alpha. All of the others words are from the January release His Love. The second focal point would represent my heart. For it, I used one of the pretty hearts from the January stamp of the month Filagree Hearts set. I stamped it twice on card stock and fussy cut them. I glued the center of the flower down but not the petals to give it a little depth. Next I created the background by applying distress oxides very lightly with a makeup brush. Lastly, I positioned the heart.

And that’s what our job is. To position our heart near Him...and abide. 


Until next time,
Gayle
Patio Ponderings
https://www.instagram.com/patioponderings/nalim




No comments:

Post a Comment