Monday, March 30, 2020

Trust. Pray. Repeat.

Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. Colossians 4:2
Hi Friends!
I don't know about you, but I've had a lot to pray about lately. One of the positives about staying home is I have a lot more time to focus on prayer. The Bible tells us time and again to talk to God. Even though, He already knows our situations, He wants us communicating with Him. It doesn't matter how small the issue may be, God wants us coming to Him. First. We can trust Him as we can trust no one else. And He will answer our prayers for His purpose and for our good.

So, I saw a lovely idea of making a small prayer booklet from Allie Trumpower from Allie Scraps.  She mentioned carrying hers with her in her purse so that when someone has a prayer request, she can jot it down. I thought that was a great idea! It could also be used just for our own prayer requests for ourselves and loved ones and for praises. Allie has prayer card printables on her website. However, my printer is not working, so I had to improvise. I used stamps!
One of the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps sets I used for this project is part of the April release. And, Korin has made the release available early!! WOO HOO!! It's called Your Story. I absolutely love it. Two of the stamps are a library card and a piece of notebook paper. EEEP! So I used those stamps to make the pages of my booklet, stamped on scrapbook paper. I used 10 pages, but really, you can as many pages as you like. I also used a set called Texture Tiles 5. Once I had all the pages stamped and cut out, I punched holes in the corners, and attached them with a book ring, and added ribbon to the ring. Ta-da! Prayer booklet! Now all I need to do is start writing.
I think this will be a great way to keep track of what I'm praying for and the praises I have. I walk my dog every morning, and pray while I'm walking him. This booklet is small enough to take with me on the walks. They would also make sweet little gifts for others!
With the extra time we all have now, we can make these little booklets for ourselves and to share. But, most importantly, let's make sure we are focusing on prayer. God has a purpose in all this. May His will be done.

Have a blessed week! Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment