Thursday, March 5, 2020

I Will Dwell in the House of the Lord




Psalm 23:6
"Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever."

Psalm 23 is a very popular one. Even people that don't know the bible very well can probably recite a line or two from this particular psalm. God's timing can be so perfect can't it?! We released this gorgeous stamp just after my Grandma passed away. My grandma Joanne Bunch, (known to her grandkids as Nanny) went home to be with her Lord on February 18th. I created this page in memory of her and her love for the lord. 



Nanny was my mother's mom. She faced numerous strokes over the last decade, always refusing to give up or give in to them. My grandma was a fighter. But sadly, each stroke took a little more of her with each one she had. She slowly lost more of her memory and eventually had trouble eating and drinking. Before her strokes she was very active at her senior center and always taking educational classes to keep her brain strong. She would always write and tell me about the things she was doing to continue learning in her older age. So it's always bothered me that towards the end it was strokes completely out of her control that ended up ruining her mind. We don't always understand why things happen the way they do, but it's not for us to understand while we are here on earth.

My grandma was very strong in her faith! She had no doubt in her mind that she would one day go to heaven and spend eternity with Jesus. At her funeral I heard stories about when she was younger with her own young kids at home. On Sundays she would gather all 4 of her children in the car, and still pick up other neighborhood kids to make sure they would hear the word of God too!


I showed this memory page to my mom for her approval before sharing it will you all. She smiled at the photo of her mom as a young girl maybe 6 years old. She then told me that the verse I underlined.... "I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever" was one of her favorite lines in one of her favorite hymns! I didn't know that and it made me feel even better about this page I created.


I have no doubt in my mind, that Nanny is looking and smiling down on all of her family and friends.  She is happy, in no pain at all, remembers all of us, and is enjoying eternity with her savior! This is my last photo with her before she started losing her memory. This was in 2012 when I spent the weekend with her visiting local mountain craft fairs and enjoying gourmet cupcakes. I love you Nanny! Thank you for being such a great example of a God fearing woman for us all! We love you!


xoxo,
Stephanie Gammon

Psalm 23
Typewriter Blocks Alpha 
Faith Wordfetti



No comments:

Post a Comment