Monday, March 9, 2020

The Lord Is My Shepherd

The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely, goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Psalm 23

Before becoming king, David was a shepherd. So he knew very well what sheep were like, and what the job of a shepherd was. He knew that we humans tends very much to be like sheep. And our great God is the ultimate Shepherd.

How are we like sheep?

  • We tend to wander and get lost.
  • We are basically helpless without God, even if we don't realize it. We are totally dependent on God.
  • We can be hard to teach.
  • We are easily frightened and confused.
Psalm 23 tells us that our Shepherd meets every need we have. He meets our physical needs as well as our spiritual needs. When Jesus declared that He is the Good Shepherd, He was confirming that He is God. Sheep follow their shepherd's voice. We, too, must listen for and follow our Shepherd's voice. He knows exactly what we need. He was willing to die for us to save us. Because of Him, we can now dwell with Him forever!
Page details:
I used the following sets from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps: Psalm 23 Background & Succulents. Psalm 23 Background is a brand new stamp which is actually Korin's handwriting! I love that! I stamped the background stamp and drew a box around it with a Micron pen. I stamped the succulents and messy painted them with watercolor crayons, and added some splatters. A pretty simple page, but then most of my pages tend to be simple.
I hope you have a blessed week! Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment