Monday, March 16, 2020

Be a Blessing

"So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith."
Galatians 6:10


In all honesty, I had a completely different topic planned for today's blog post, but recent events have moved me in a different direction. I'm not going to talk about the response to the virus - anxiety, panic, trust, confidence, or faith. Those topics have all been covered by biblical scholars and authors far more qualified than me, and I think as Christians we know what our response should be to the crisis that lies before us. What I am going to challenge you (and me) on today is being a blessing in a difficult time

In yesterday's sermon, our pastor spoke on Galatians 6, and verse 10 really jumped out at me. There are lots of opportunities to be a blessing right now, aren't there? Whether it's calling to check in on an elderly church member or relative, sending a friend a 'thinking of you' card, picking up groceries for a neighbor, offering to help babysit for a friend whose children are unexpectedly home for the next three weeks due to school closures - whatever it is, you can be a blessing. Take a minute to think of what you can do to be a help and encouragement to those around you. 



I created the background of this page with Distress Oxides, embossing powder, and stamps. 💜

Praying you all stay safe and healthy during the coming weeks,
Janelle

You can find the stamps sets used through the links below: 

  




No comments:

Post a Comment