Monday, March 23, 2020

Know God

And so I will show My greatness and My holiness, and I will make Myself known in the sight of many nations. Then they will know that I am the Lord. 
Ezekiel 38:23

Dear Friends,

Ezekiel 38 tells us about a future time when Israel will be attacked; and God will supernaturally protect and save them. The final verse of this chapter tells us God's purpose- that the world will see His greatness and holiness, that He will be known around the world as the one true God.

A lot can change in a couple of weeks, can't it? Personally, I've gone from working in a school to being at home and waiting to see what role I will have to continue to educate the students in our district. I moved my college daughter home as the university housing and campus closed to go to online only classes. And my husband will be working from home more. I'm sure you have had similar experiences. We've all seen empty shelves and reports about COVID-19. We've all had our lives disrupted in some way. So I asked myself, what is God trying to teach me...us?
We can't depend on our jobs. We can't depend on our finances. At this point, we can't really depend on each other in ways we have in the past due to social distancing. But, we can depend on God now, forever and always. These are difficult times, but what an opportunity for us to focus on God, depend on Him, trust Him, and share Him with others. I loved how our team members started the faith over fear project. I love how people are helping each other in ways they may not have before. While it's sad we can't meet with our church families in person, now that many are online, think about how many people those online services can reach! God is with us in this. And He has a purpose in it. And I believe that purpose is exactly what Ezekiel 38:20 says, "And so I will show My greatness and My holiness, and I will make Myself known in the sight of many nations. Then they will know that I am the Lord."

I'm praying for everyone infected with this virus and those who know someone who is. I'm praying that we all can use this time to draw closer to God. I'm praying for the governments around the world, that they make wise decisions. And, I'm praying that God will stop the spread. Right now, we all must trust God and pray. He has a purpose. Let Him be known to all the nations!

Page Details: I used the following Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps sets: Messy Stamped Alpha, Dragonfly Dreams, and Texture Tiles 1. The background was done by applying distress oxides with a sponge dauber. The colors I used are Scattered Straw, Spiced Marmalade, and Abandoned Coral.

Have a blessed week! Andrea








No comments:

Post a Comment