Monday, March 11, 2019

All the Time

"The Lord is good to all; He has compassion on all He has made." Psalm 145:9

Hi Sweet Friends,

The first time I saw the stamp set that I used for this set, the "all the time" stamp just stood out to me. It made me immediately think of the quote from "God's Not Dead", "God is good all the time; and all the time, God is good." That quote really stuck with me. But I had to ask myself if I truly believed it. Is God good ALL THE TIME? We often hear people ask, "If God is good, then why did (fill in the blank) happen?" I can't answer why bad things happen other than the fact that we live in a fallen world. But I can answer with a resounding YES! that God is good ALL THE TIME. Why can I say that? Because God IS goodness.

We live in a dark world. When we're told a family member has cancer...when we lose a job...when we're going through tough times and the enemy is trying to bring us down, that's when we have to reach deep down to what we know and declare that God is good no matter what. It's not about how we feel, it's about what we know. And we can KNOW it because....

  • Psalm 34:8, "Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in Him."
  • Psalm 107:1, "Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever."
  • Romans 8:28, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose."
  • Isaiah 55:8-9, "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways," declares the Lord, "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts."
  • Psalm 119:68, "You are good, and what You do is good; teach me Your decrees."
  • 2 Peter 1:3, "His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness."
And these are just a few verses that speak to God's goodness! We can KNOW that God is good because the Bible tells us He is. The Bible is Truth, Absolute Truth. Our God is good. He is compassionate. He is our refuge...our shield....our Savior. God is good all the time; and all the time, God is good. Can I get an amen?
Page details: I used the following Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps sets: All in All, Send Me, & He is Risen. All in All and He is Risen are brand new sets released this month. They are both great sets. I've enjoyed using them both! I also used watercolor crayons.




Have a blessed week. Andrea






No comments:

Post a Comment