Friday, March 8, 2019

A New Command

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” (John 13:34-35)

Jesus shares this "new command" with His disciples at the last supper.  He has just shared the Passover meal with them, intimately and humbly washed their feet, predicted His betrayal by Judas, and told the disciples of His leaving them, and is about to tell Peter of his denials. Jesus fits this new command among these significant happenings, because the disciples need to be reminded of the purpose of Jesus' ministry, and of what their ministry will be after He leaves.  To show the love of God to the world.  Jesus dying on the Cross for humankind is the greatest demonstration of this love (Romans 5:8). Our job--what He "commands" of us--is to also show love to those around us.  That is how people will know we are His disciples!  That is how they will come to know God's true character.  


I created this sweet and simple page (or maybe I should say "sweet and sassy" page) with the new Genuine Love set, which is part of the March release.  It is full of flower pieces for creating bundles and bouquets, as well as hearts and arrows.  I chose to use the latter elements for this page.  I stamped the words "love one another" down the entire page, darker on the top and lighter on the bottom.  I stamped the heart image three times, plus an extra one on card stock to cut out for my tab on top.  I created an gradient effect by blending lighter and darker pinks in the middle of the stamp.  I used the arrow to point to the specific verse.  I then stamped the title using Typewrite Block Alpha set, which has become my go-to alphabet set!  I added washi tape, and sponged the edges of the page and around the verse.  Finally, I added black splatter paint. Voila!  A sweet and simple page!


Check out all the new stamp sets released this month, but don't forget the amazing sets released previously too!  You can use the links below to find your favorite sets or products.

GENUINE LOVE

TYPEWRITER BLOCK ALPHA



No comments:

Post a Comment