Tuesday, February 13, 2018

We Will Serve

Hi friends!

My name is Nicki and I’m so incredibly excited to share my very first post as a Creative Worship team member for Sweet N Sassy Stamps!

There are few things I'm more passionate about than Bible Journaling and coming up with creative ways to worship the God of the Universe. That's why I'm so honored that I get to be here in this little corner of the internet sharing that passion with you! 

I work in full time ministry, and I'm incredibly grateful that I get to spend my life doing what I love, but sometimes it's easy for me to get so focused on my ministry at church that I let my personal ministry slip. I let personal relationships, relaxation, spiritual development and my own quiet time with Jesus take the backburner in busy seasons of ministry (which for me is right now). This page really helped me take a look at my life, my home, and evaluate those areas where I'm not serving the Lord 100%. 


I desire to live in a way that demonstrates the transformational work of Jesus Christ in ALL areas of my life, not just in the church that God has called me to at this moment. This means starting at home first! 

Let's take a look at how this page came together! 


First, I stamped out the houses in black archival ink. I knew that I wanted my little neighborbood to stand out, so I chose to leave the houses white so they would pop off the page after I added the watercolor.


In order to keep those houses white easily, I covered them with masking fluid so I could paint right over them without issue!


Next, I painted like crazy. I add a LOT of water to my pages and the masking fluid handled it like a champ.


I like to space out all of the words beforehand so I can make changes if necessary before committing it to the page. I'll take a picture of the stamp spacing and refer to it once I stamp for real! 

Here's the finished product once again:



Masking fluid is one of my all time favorite techniques to use in my Bible. Have you worked with masking fluid before? What's your go-to Bible journaling technique? I'd love to hear in the comments! 


Thanks for sticking with me through to the end of this post! 😉 Have an amazing week!

💛Nicki 
@nickicreates





2 comments:

  1. I’ve never tried masking fluid. I need to give it a try! My favorite go to besides stamos, are my inktense pencils! Great page...great illustration of the passage!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your page is AMAZING. And I'm so glad you showed how you did it. Like Gayle, I've never used the masking fluid, but I will definitely get some now. Just beautiful, Nicki. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete