Friday, February 23, 2018

Lord, HELP! Bring Peace.



This moment, right here is complete chaos. My computer just took almost an hour to open. My daughter has been crying and refusing to clean her room for about 4 hours. NO JOKE. This has been a battle the past week. She just refuses to do it. Says it too hard. But it's not. She has done it a million times. Its a rotten stage she is in... and it makes me FRUSTRATED. And then I yell. And it makes me impatient and annoyed with my son, the dog, and anything else that gets in my way. And here I am writing a post about PEACE IN MY HOUSE. Yall my house is anything but peaceful right now. 

Here is the verse: "Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

This is real time, So I re-read the verse that I just posted, it said PRAY. My daughter was about to make herself puke she was so upset. She has never been this upset. She's almost 5. I pick her up, hold her in my lap and try to calm her. And then I prayed. Seriously. I told her i was going to pray. She said, "why will that help anything?" So I prayed, for her, for me, for God's forgiveness and light. For the choice to choose what is right and honor God. And. She. Is. Right. Now. In there cleaning her room. She's not crying. PRAISE God.

As much as this story might seem like it's about her... it's not. It's about me. It's about my heart not being at peace. It's about me setting the tone for my house and it being chaotic. It's about my yelling. It's about me NOT praying first. And so this page is about me following God's word and listening to his steps. 
1. Tell Him what I need
2. Thank Him
3. experience peace

This words need to be in my heart and mind. They need to be reminders to me to Stop and pray. Even when you wonder what will it help. Do it! 

ART BABBLE

So I realize this page doesn't even represent peaceful. But in the midst of it is where we find God and our rest. I wanted to try something new and use paints instead of watercolor.

 I started with paint and just randomly painted on the page trying to included a few shapes, pictured below.





Next I used a pallet knife and added in white and black. I just kept layering paint until it looked okay to me. I then splattered a bit. I decided to stamp the words on white sticker paper so they didn't get lost on the page. I cut them out and stuck them on there. I stamped the house and colored that in, then added a tag.



You can pick up the Love Your Neighbor set here. 

Follow me on IG at Stir the SOUL

PS, by the time I finished this post.... her whole room was clean. God sure taught me a whole lot through this. Thank you God. You are so good. So faithful.

Blessings,
Colleen





2 comments:

  1. Love this passage! Love how the Lord uses His Word to show us more of Him. Keeping praying Mom...you’re doing it right!!

    ReplyDelete