Tuesday, October 15, 2019

My God, That is Who You Are!


"And when your children ask you, ‘What does this ceremony mean to you?’ then tell them, ‘It is the Passover sacrifice to the Lord, who passed over the houses of the Israelites in Egypt and spared our homes when he struck down the Egyptians.’” Then the people bowed down and worshiped."  
Ex. 12:26-27


Hello!
It's Deeds with another devotional and Bible Journaling page!  This one is such a fun one to me.  A LOT of stamping; a LOT of ink; a LOT of color; a LOT of fun!
Before I start, let me just say that this is a different sort of process for me.  There wasn't the usual background smooshing I do.  There are no ornate flowers or shapes.  It's pretty simple, actually, and one of my favorite pages I've ever done.  Mostly because the page represents something amazing!  God recently used a song to help me - urge me - to become more aware of His presence and work.  After this song was introduced to me (and my church), the Lord also led me to a Bible study of Exodus 12.  

This precious section of scripture put all the words of the song mentioned into plain and solid doctrine that could find lodging in my weary heart. 
We can be weary of so many things, in so many ways.  You don't have to be going through a huge ordeal to be weary.  You don't have to be suffering in sickness or want to be weary.  Sometimes just the constant badgering of our enemy to believe age-old lies about you, and about God, can be overwhelming and especially taxing spiritually.

Following a couple Sundays of "Way Maker," and then this sweet portion of God's Word, my heart finds itself refreshed and ready to take on the day - and MORE! 
With a reminder of the Gospel of grace comes healing, repenting, restoration, revival, strength and power!  Truths in scripture lend so much perspective, insight, and truth!
1.  God is God.
2.  I am His.

Everything that follows those two amazing statements is bonus; everything that comes out of God being God, and my being His, is a supernatural outflow through the Holy Spirit. 
Because I am His, I am safe.
Because I am His, I do not want.
Because God is God, there is truth.
Because God is God, there is a way.
Because God is God, I know my own sinfulness.
Because I am His, I also know forgiveness.


There's more.  A bunch more, and all we ever need "for life and godliness," is in the pages of God's breathed-out message of a future and a hope. 

The lyrics to the song I'm referring to, go like this:
You are here
Moving in our midst
I worship you
I worship you
You are here
Working in this place
I worship you
I worship you
You are here
Moving in our midst
I worship you
I worship you
You are here
Working in this place
I worship you
I worship you
Way maker
Miracle worker
Promise keeper
Light in the darkness
My God
That is who you are
Way maker
Miracle worker
Promise keeper
Light in the darkness
My God
That is who you are
You are here
Touching every heart
I worship you
I worship you
You are here
Healing every heart
I worship you
I worship you
You are here
Turning lives around
I worship you
I worship you
You are here
Mending every heart
I worship you
I worship you



I stamped out the titles of God mentioned in this song, relating them to the deliverance of Israel from Egypt and the misery of bondage, but also to the deliverance of all people post-crucifixion and our misery in bondage!

For the Israelites:
God made a way through through the very front door of Egypt, through the chasm of separated waters in the Red Sea, to a place of freedom and worship!
God performed mighty miracles of help and solace when they began to hunger, thirst, and misplace their trust.

God made good on His promise for a future of life and prosperity under His guidance for a people who would make Him their Lord. 
God was Light in the darkness multiple times, allowing His glory to be shown to a small degree that they may see His care and provision.


For us today:
Jesus IS the Way, and beckons us to find Him, the narrow entrance to His kingdom.

Jesus IS the Miracle of hope and healing for every "weary" soul, to the glory of Almighty God!
Jesus IS the fulfillment of God's promise, and He continues to shine God's faithfulness to ALL generations.
Jesus IS the Light in our world, giving us light in a very dark place.


Yes, there is more.  Much more. 
The Bible says, however, that not every single wonder Jesus has done could be completely recorded for there is not enough space to pen them!  But we know from scripture that we CAN understand this:
He is the Way-maker,
Miracle Worker,
Promise Keeper,
Light in the Darkness.
My God, that is WHO YOU ARE!


Much love this Tuesday,
Deeds

No comments:

Post a Comment