Monday, October 7, 2019

"Fall"ing in Love with Jesus



I'm a little late with my blog post today because I got back late last night from the Creative Worship Retreat in Savannah, Georgia, and WOW! I had the most amazing time with my fellow Bible Journalers and sisters in Christ!! We talked, we laughed, we journaled we prayed, we sang, we ate some good ol' southern cooking 😏 and we just generally had an amazing time!

Our theme for the retreat was "Fall in Love with Jesus" and, let me tell you, my heart is so full and overflowing with love for my Lord and for this community I just had to journal this verse in Matthew 22 with the new Fall in Love with Jesus stamp set from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. 

"And he said unto him, 'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment.'"
Matthew 22:37-38


Loving God is the most important thing we can do as a Christian. Loving God with everything in us means that we will want to know Him, we will want to read His Word, we will want to spend time with Him, we will want to be more like Him. Loving God with your whole heart changes you from the inside out, and gives you the ability to love others the way Jesus did. That's why Jesus said that all of the laws hang on these two commandments: to love God with your whole being, and then to love others. 

I created this page using stamps and watercolors. I stamped the image similar to our Retreat theme t-shirts and messy watercolored the leaves, then I splattered my fall watercolors all over the page. I do love Michigan fall colors!! 😉

I hope you all are encouraged this week to love Jesus with your heart, mind, and soul. 💕

May you have a blessed week in Christ, 

Janelle


**Be sure to check out this month's new releases! You are going to want to journal all the pages about loving Jesus!! 😊

 



No comments:

Post a Comment