Monday, October 14, 2019

Grateful Heart, Happy Heart

Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever. 
1 Chronicles 16:34

Hi Friends!

My heart is full. A week ago, I had just returned from the Creative Worship retreat in Georgia. I actually journaled this page at the retreat. It was such a sweet time worshiping Jesus and meeting, visiting with, and learning from ladies that I had before now only known through social media. I am so thankful God gave me the opportunity to attend the retreat. To be honest, even in my excitement to go, I was a little apprehensive. But, as our verse says, God is good. He knows what we need. And He grows us in our discomfort. Thanks You, Lord! And being thankful can help us with anxiety. By remembering what God has already done in our lives, it can help us be less anxious.

The Bible tells us over and over to be thankful. When we are thankful, it also helps us to be more content and at peace. A grateful heart truly does make a happy heart because when we are focusing on what we are thankful for, we don't have time to think about what we don't have. In the abundance that is the United States of America, it can be easy to take things for granted. But, we need to be thankful for the small as well as the large. I did a Bible study once that focused on thankfulness and one of the things we did was to write down at least 3 things each day we were thankful for. It opened my eyes to lots of things that I had been taking for granted... running water...grocery stores full of all types of food...the happy squeals of my children....my bookshelf that has numerous Bibles on it. So many things to be thankful for!

Giving thanks glorifies God. It is a form of worship. So, what do you have to be thankful for? Think about it, you probably have more to be grateful for than you realize. And then, thank Him, and thank Him again!

 Page Details: I used the October Stamp of the Month from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. It's called Grateful Heart. And, it's free with a $75 purchase in October! See the website for details. I started by using watercolor crayons for the background. Then I used a stencil and acrylic paint to do the dots. Stencils are a great option to add accents to pages!

Wishing you a week full of thankfulness! Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment