Saturday, November 25, 2017

Restoration

“I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten the great locust and the young locust, the other locusts and the locust swarm—My great army that I sent among you. You will have plenty to eat, until you are full, and you will praise the name of the Lord your God, who has worked wonders for you; never again will My people be shamed. Then you will know that I am in Israel, that I am the Lord your God, and that there is no other; never again will My people be shamed." Joel 2:25-27
Dear Friends,
Joel speaks of a locust invasion which destroyed Israel's crops. It would take years to overcome this. Joel used the locust invasion to illustrate God's judgment. The verses above were God's answer to Israel. He would restore them. When His people repent, He restores them and blesses them in a way that more than compensates the lost years. And the restoration wasn't only to be physical, but also spiritual as they would praise God. God also speaks of His people never again being ashamed. This has yet to happen. Ultimately, He will totally restore Israel.

The good news is that we as believers in Christ can also trust that God will restore us too. This promise was specifically made to Israel. And yet, God will restore our empty years- the years the locusts have eaten, the years the enemy has stolen. In Christ, and because of Christ, we are fully restored. Thank You, Jesus! 

For this page, I used the following Sweet n Sassy Stamps sets: Skinny Caps Alpha, Lynzee Script Alpha, and Scribble Flowers. I painted the background with acrylic paint. I used bubble wrap to sponge on the pink and green paint. I used a white Sharpie to highlight "restore".

Be restored in Him, my friends. Blessings, Andrea

1 comment:

  1. I know I've commented other places on your page, but it certainly bears repeating here. This is gorgeous. LOVE your background artwork and lovely use of flowers to frame the key thought.

    ReplyDelete