Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Receive The Savior


{jane bosi}  Happy Holidays, Sweet Friends!!  Today, I'm stepping away from my bible journaling and sharing a project I created to bring the pages of the gospel right to my fire place mantle.  I created this 6x6 reverse canvas to feature the image of the Holy Family found in the Receive the Savior stamp set. 

I've been wanting to try my hand at the reverse canvas for awhile.  It was so super easy---I can't wait to make more!  I love working on mixed media projects.  The great thing is how they just sort of unfold--kind of like life.  For this canvas, I used a variety of ink sprays, white paint, metallic texture paste, a stencil, gel medium and some random goodies laying around the Studio that sparkle and shine (it's super sparkly in real life!!). "Merry Christmas" is a wood piece I found in the dollar zone last year; mixed media makes a case for hoarding, for sure!

As we move into December, keep in mind the real reason for the season and be sure to take time to enjoy the greatest gift of all!

Blessings, Jane

1 comment:

  1. Jane, this is amazing. What a precious nativity scene. Love the mixed media effects over the frame. Simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete