Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Joy to the World

Hello everyone!

I used one of the Christmas stamp sets for the page I made today, but I didn’t use one of the more well known Christmas passages in the bible. When I read the message ‘Joy to the World’ I had to think of the song. I think most of us immediately sing this phrase in our minds ;) But that made me wonder if this song was based on a special bible text or where it came from. So when I did a little research I ended up with Psalm 98. And even though I’m not sure if it’s true that this song is based on this Psalm, it works really well with these stamps.

'The Lord hath made known His salvation; His righteousness hath He openly shown in the sight of the heathen.  He hath remembered His mercy and His truth toward the house of Israel; all the ends of the earth have seen the salvation of our God.' (Psalm 98:2-3)
I prepared my page with clear gesso but it’s so simple you wouldn’t even have to do that (my bible has very thin pages so I prepare every page, if yours has thicker pages you won’t have to prepare them). Most of the time I want to color my entire background and give a little bit more color to my pages but I thought that the simplicity of this page made the message stand out even more so I decided to go for a white background. I stamped the images and I made a couple of extra stars around it to fill the page a bit more. I colored everything with colored pencils. For this page I used the set 'Peace on Earth'.
I hope you’re inspired to make your own page!

Blessings,

Lucinde

No comments:

Post a Comment