Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Serve God

Proverbs has a lot of wisdom, last week I was reading in Proverbs 23 and I wanted to journal about this message. 

‘Do not wear yourself out to get rich; do not trust your own cleverness.
Cast but a glance at riches, and they are gone, for they will surely sprout wings and fly off to the sky like an eagle.’ (Proverbs 23:4-5)

We’re worrying about a lot of things that are happening in our lives. And money is often one our worries. When I read this I had to think of the stamp set ‘His Wings’. Because while we’re worrying, God will spread His wings around us and take care of us (of course this idea was inspired by the saying about the eagle ;)). So we have to remember who we’re serving. God or the money? We have to serve God and not worry (too much) about all the other things. 


I prepared my page with clear gesso (the Dutch bible has very thin pages) and stamped the images with black ink. I masked the images before I made the background with Distress inks but I didn’t like the hard white edge, so I added a little bit of yellow around the feathers to make the contrast a little les hard. The word ‘serve’ was a little bit too long to fit next to the feathers so I stamped it on vellum and colored it with a watercolor marker. I adhered it with a piece of washi tape and stamped the word Him underneath it. 

http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/creative-worship-his-wings-clear-stamp-set/

http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/creative-worship-all-your-heart-clear-stamp-set/

I used the stamp sets 'His Wings' and 'All your Heart'.

- Lucinde


No comments:

Post a Comment