Monday, March 13, 2017

Our Worthy King

Sing praises to God, sing praises; sing praises to our King, sing praises. For God is the King of all the earth; sing to Him a psalm of praise. Psalm 47:6-7

So many people put their hope in this world- human leaders, money, possessions, titles, jobs, etc. I think that is why we see so much hopelessness in our country and in the world right now. But, we know there is a greater hope! Our hope is not in any worldly thing. Jesus is our God and King! Our hope is in Him. We will never be satisfied by worldly things. Human leaders will never fulfill our expectations. But HE will. He satisfies and fulfills us even more exceedingly than we can imagine! He is our worthy King who deserves our songs of praise.

I had so much fun with this page! I journaled this page in my interleaved Bible which has a blank page in between every page of Scripture. It allows me to cover the page without covering Scripture, and I love that! Psalm 47 works perfectly with the 2 new sets, Sing Loud and Worthy King, designed by Rebecca Rios. I knew I wanted to use both of them. And since the psalm speaks of God being King of all the earth, I wanted to use flowers to signify nature. So, I also used Korin Sutherland's Scribble Flowers

I have just invested in watercolor crayons; and I have to say I love them! It makes watercoloring so easy. What I did for this page was to color the images and background with the crayons, and then added water with a brush to achieve the watercolor effect.

Put your hope in our eternal King! And have a blessed day. Andrea



















4 comments:

  1. This is an amazing page, Andrea! All the colors are so "smooth!" So bright and beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! He is worthy of our praise!
    I love how you painted on the interleaved Bible. Gorgeous flowers and journal.
    Thank you for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete