Monday, May 9, 2016

Sing to the Lord, He is highly exalted

When Pharaoh’s horses, chariots and horsemen went into the sea, the Lord brought the waters of the sea back over them, but the Israelites walked through the sea on dry ground.
When Miriam realized God had saved her and His people they started dancing and singing, praising God. I wanted to highlight this part of the message. Immediately after these events they started praising God. They didn’t take time to rest or they didn’t wait to see what trials would follow. Of course, we know there would follow a lot more trials, but that didn’t stop Miriam to praise God in this moment.

Sometimes I tend to overthink things. When there’s one problem that’s solved I already think about the next (possible) trial that could be faced. But wouldn’t it be better to live in the moment? To praise God for everything he gives right now, instead of pondering about everything that could still happen. The people of Israel didn’t know what would happen next, where they would go or where they could stay. But the Lord saved them in this moment and He deserves all praise.
I didn't use a lot of supplies for this page. I just used the stamp set 'He is Worthy', a micron pen and a couple of colored pencils. There is so much information on this page that I wanted to use the other margins for other parts of this scripture. So I didn't use the entire page, but only a little part. I will add more notes on this page later.
http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/creative-worship-he-is-worthy-clear-stamp-set/
- Lucinde

2 comments:

  1. So sweet and pretty. I love the beautiful simplicity of it. I've tried a few where I just focus on a small spot and I love doing that. This is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete