Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Unseen Blessings


 

I have a confession to make, I have been in a creative funk lately. Ever been in one of those? Well maybe not creatively but we all find ourselves in a funk now and again, where we have just seemed to lose our motivation or inspiration for a little while. I don't know if it's been the busy of the Christmas season or what, but I've been struggling to get it back.

But what I have found helps is just sitting down with some paint and stamps and just play! I wasn't sure where I was going with this when I started, but I put on my worship music and just started playing. While I was scraping paint on a piece of yardstick in this binder clip junk journal I created a few months ago, this song "Blessings You Can't See" came on. 

It got me thinking as I continued journaling. Just think of ALL the things that have been blessings in our lives that we don't even know about! Most people try to count their blessings especially when you're in a hard time and trying to remain grateful. But what about all the quiet unseen blessings we don't even know about?!

I know one thing I am really grateful for the unanswered prayers I said in high school! Back when I thought I knew what I was doing and what was best for me. But those unanswered prayers turned out to be blessings. I didn't know what I needed, but God did. And he strategically removed people from my life to protect my future. 


And how about all the things that never happened to you but COULD have?! For example, I was stopped at a traffic light one afternoon after getting lunch with my kids. The light turned green but I hadn't moved yet because I was checking to make sure I didn't leave my wallet behind. By the time I looked up and saw the light had turned green, a truck came barreling through the red light right in front of us. Had I not stopped to check my purse, our car would have been in the intersection when that truck ran a red light, and either smashed into my door or my daughters. It took a moment to sink in, but I realized what COULD have happened!! A huge blessing that I almost didn't notice. I have no doubt God put that thought in my head that caused me to pause at that light before going. It could have changed our lives forever!

So when you count your blessings at night, try to not forget about the quiet unseen blessings. God is always working behind the curtain. His hand is in everything.


xoxo,

Stephanie Gammon

@faith.and.creativity


Lollipop Alpha

Made New

With Love Alpha

Mini Grunge Type Alpha









No comments:

Post a Comment