Monday, January 4, 2021

Sing Praises

 


I have slowly been studying the book of Psalms using my Max Lucado Encouraging Word Bible and Matthew Henry Commentary (from my Blue Letter Bible app). If you care to see my comments and personal notes, I've included them below. 🙂

The Psalms are replete with joyful praise to the Lord, but the key theme of Psalm 95-100 is singing praises to God. ♪

"Oh come, let us sing to the Lord!
Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation.
Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving;
Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms."
Psalm 95:1-2

"Oh, sing to the Lord a new song!
Sing to the Lord, all the earth.
Sing to the Lord, bless His name;
Proclaim the good news of His
salvation from day to day.
Declare His glory among the nations,
His wonders among all peoples."
Psalm 96:1-2

"The Lord reigns;
Let the earth rejoice;
Let the multitude of isles be glad!"
Psalm 97:1

"Oh, sing to the Lord a new song!
For He has done marvelous things:
His right hand and His holy arm have
gained Him the victory."
Psalm 98:1

"Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all you lands!
Serve the Lord with gladness;
Come before His presence with singing."
Psalm 100:1

Praising God is so important, but not just when things are going well - even when they aren't. When God puts a new heart in our chest, He also puts a new song in our mouth. If all creation rejoices, why can't we? Short answer: WE CAN! And we should. God has given us so much to praise Him for, let's praise His name together! 🙌


  

  

Page Details

My art page turned into a little explosion of color and music notes! I didn't plan it that way, but it sure turned out that way 😀 I used the Texture Tiles 7 for the music notes background, and Lollipop Alpha for the page title. I had originally stamped the title directly on the page, but decided that I needed some dimension, so stamped with words on cardstock, fussy cut each letter, and stuck it on the page using foam mounts. I watercolored the pink/purple background, and used the Background Builders: Stripes for the thick border lines. I then added some purple splatters and called it good. 


Here are the stamp sets used: 

   
  

Let's join together in praising the Lord this week 🎵

In Christ, 

Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment