Thursday, January 21, 2021

SEEK THE LOST



"For the Son of Man came to seek and save the lost."  (Luke 19:10)

We find this quote from Jesus at the end of one of the most beloved and well-known Bible stories:  Zaccheus. It’s a story of seeking and saving. Zaccheus sought Jesus by climbing a tree so he could see the Savior pass by. Jesus sought out Zaccheus, stopping in front of the tree, and invited Himself to his home. Not worrying about what the pharisaical crowd thought of His mingling with “sinners”, Jesus exclaimed that His purpose on this earth was to “seek and save the lost.” 

Brothers and Sisters, we are sinners, and Jesus has sought us out in order to save us!  Praise God!  I am a sinner set free, just as Zaccheus and his entire family were saved and set free.  When we open our hearts to His love, seeking Him diligently and whole-heartedly, Jesus enters our lives with His saving power. And just as Jesus sought for sinners to save, so must we have the heart to seek and save the lost.  There are so many people around us that are lost, and in need of Jesus:  family members, neighbors, co-workers, friends, perhaps even our spouses or children. And then there are the countless lost souls in our communities, cities, and around the world.  The more we seek and encounter Jesus in our daily lives, the more we’ll be equipped and ready and passionate about seeking the lost.  Our job is to seek them, and then love them with the Gospel and share its simple truth. God's job is to do the saving, nor ours.  

I created this Bible journaling page with several stamp sets, spray inks, and watercolor pencils.  First I stamped the words and images on my page, masking the people off so the color wouldn’t cover them.  Some of the color seeped through though, but I didn’t mind too much.  Next, I spritzed and splattered the sprays onto the page, using water to activate and blend the colors. After I dried the background, I used watercolor pencils to color the people and the hearts.  Finally, I added some detailing with a white pen.  I love vibrant colors, and the shimmery shine of these paints makes my heart happy!
















No comments:

Post a Comment