Monday, June 15, 2020

Way Maker

"Teach me thy way, O Lord, and lead me in the plain path, because of mine enemies." - Psalm 27:11



It's not clear exactly when Psalm 27 was written - whether it was early or late in David's life - but one thing is for certain, David faced his fair share of trouble during his whole life. Some of his trouble was brought on by his own foolish choices, but some was brought on by circumstances completely out of his control. 

In Psalm 27:11, David prays for the Lord's divine guidance in his life. He acknowledges his own lack of understanding, and asks the Lord to show him the way. This prayer shows David's humbleness and obedience of heart. He knew he couldn't make it through the trials of his life on his own - He needed God to show him the way. 

I read this passage in my devotional time the other day and was so convicted. I'm really good at going my own way. I decide what I want to do and then do it. It's very difficult for me to stop and seek guidance and direction from others, even the Lord. I want to have a heart like David. One of humble obedience that seeks the Lord's guidance and direction in every area of life. 



It's fun to create big, elaborate, messy pages, but sometimes simple is best. This page is a simple page using only stamps, washi, and a paperclip. I used the Women of Praise and brand new Way Maker stamp sets to create this page. (Side note: if you're like me and have had the song "Way Maker" stuck in your head for weeks, you should definitely pick up this stamp set!! 😉)

 

Much love in Christ, 

Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment