Monday, June 1, 2020

Only God Satisfies

"We don't seek satisfaction, hoping that God will deliver it. No, we seek God, and the result is satisfaction of heart."
- Paul David Tripp, New Morning Mercies


If you've followed my posts this year, you know I've been working through Paul David Tripp's New Morning Mercies devotional as my daily devotional, and last one of last week's devotions really hit home for me. He talked about having a satisfied heart. Here is what Paul Tripp has to say:

"So here's the bottom line. If you seek satisfaction, satisfaction will escape your grasp. But if you seek God, rest in His presence and grace, and put your heart in his most capable hands, he will satisfy your heart as nothing else can. You were made for Him. Your heart was designed to be controlled by worship of Him. Your inner security is meant to come from rest in Him. Your sense of well-being is intended to come from a reliance on His wisdom, power, and love."

How often do I search for satisfaction and happiness in things outside of God and end up feeling empty and unsatisfied? Far, far too often, I'm afraid. Psalm 107:9 says, "For he satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness." God satisfies my soul because He made my soul to be wholly satisfied in Him and Him alone. He is the peace, joy, and rest my soul wants and needs. I need to stop looking for satisfaction and contentment in the things of this world, and look instead to my heavenly Father - the Creator and Sustainer of my soul. 

Page Design 

I used a few different stamp sets from Sweet 'n Sassy stamps for the creation of this page, but the beautiful flower is from the brand new Dazzling Dahlia set that is part of this month's new release. It's HUGE! I first stamped the flower on premium cardstock and had fun playing with my new alcohol markers for coloring in the flower. I then stamped and watercolored the leaves and adhered the flower to the page using mounting squares. It really makes it pop off the page! I then stamped my page title, punched out a tab, and added some enamel dots - oh, and added some paint splatters (because no page is complete without some splatters 😉). See below for links to the stamp sets used. 


I hope your heart is encouraged to look to God for His satisfaction this week. 💗

Much love in Christ, 

Janelle

 

  



No comments:

Post a Comment